Sunday, October 28, 2007

Research Journal 4

Sorry for posting the research journal 4 so late. ^^;

I narrowed down my potential research topic from three to two, two topics being Angelina Grimke Weld (who supported for the women's rights and against the slavery); Rose Anna Summerfield (who supported for the women's equality). For now, my id tells me that I should go for Angelina Grimke Weld, for she had the same religious perspective as me; that is, the Christianity. Moreover, I found that she had written some good sources to support her view as a woman liberator.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mike, this is Heather.
To me it sounds like you would have an easier time writing about Angelina Grimke Weld because you have something in common with her. I think this would make it more interesting for you to read about her. You could even talk about Christianity and how her religion shaped her views or how she acted. Because you could say how in the Bible there are references that make it sound like women are beneathe men, but she still acted out for women's rights and against slavery.
I found a book through Aladin the link is below;
http://catalog.wrlc.org/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?Search_Arg=Angelina+Grimke+Weld&Search_Code=TALL&DB=local&CNT=25
It talks about her role as a 'reformer'.
I hope this helps you in your search!
Good luck,
Heather

Gee Argow said...

Hi Michael. Here are some questions/comments that people gave you today on your e-poster:

1. Are you going to go into detail about Grimke's sister or expand on her sister in any way?
2. You have a good focus on the connection between Christianity and slavery.
3. Did Grimke focus only on slavery and Christianity or was she more specific to their impact women?
4. Maybe you could focus more on how women were effected by slavery.
5. Was Grimke more Christian than abolitionist or more abolitionist than Christian?
6. Mayble you could also focus more on Grimke's racial background.

Sounds like a great topic! Good luck!

albina N muro said...

Transgender Tribute Bands and the Subversion of Male Rites of Passage through the Performance of Heavy Metal Music. student research journal